Urinary Drain Bags & Leg Bags
Urinary Drainage Bag - Catheter Bag - Urine Drainage Bag - Urine Leg Bag - Urinary Leg Bag - Drainage Bags are the style of urine bag that is designed to hang at your bedside. Spiritmedicalsupplies.com offers drainage bags from quality manufacturers such as Bard, Kendall, Rusch and others.
These urine bags come in a variety of capacities or sizes and some drainage bags are latex-free.
Patient Applications for Urinary Drainage Bags
- Non-Ambulatory Patients
- Incontinence Care while Sleeping
- Hospitalized Patients
Urinary Leg Bags, Urine bags are used to collect urine by attaching to a catheter to the inside of the bladder. You may have a catheter and urine drainage bag if you have urinary incontinence (leakage), urinary retention or surgery. Urinary leg bags come in several different styles to suit personal preference, including disposable and reusable.
How to Choose a Urinary Leg Bag
Choosing a urinary leg bag will be primarily dependant upon what your doctor recommends and personal preferences. Some of the most popular kinds of leg bags include:
- Flip Valve Bags: Flip valve urine bags allow for quick, empty emptying. A flip-valve bag might be ideal for you if you prefer this type of drainage system.
- Twist Valve Bags: Twist valve bags have a twist valve drain port for quick and non-hassle emptying. This type of bag might be the right choice for you if you prefer a twist valve to a flip valve.
- Velvo-Strap Bags: Urinary bags with velcro bags are ideal for people who prefer this type of attachment style. Easy to remove and take off, Velcro straps can be useful for patients with limited hand mobility.
- Latex-free Leg Bags: Latex free leg bags are designed with straps that are made from a soft, latex-free material. These types of leg bags might be ideal for you if you have a skin sensitivity or are allergic to latex.
- Reusable Leg Bags: A reusable leg bag might be the right choice for you if you live an active lifestyle and are searching for a leg bag that provides odor protection. Disposable Leg Bags: A disposable leg bag might be right for you if you are searching for a bag that is single-use.
- Disposable leg bags are specifically designed to withstand everyday wear and tear, while allowing patients to dispose of them both discretely and comfortably.
Caring For Your Urinary Leg Bag
Removing your leg bag is a simple, easy process when done correctly. To remove your leg bag the proper way, follow these quick steps:
- Thoroughly wash your hands with warm water and soap.
- Empty the drainage bag. Be sure not to touch the tip when you let the urine flow out of the large drainage bag into the toilet or emptying container.
- Place a towel under the connection and punch off the soft rubber tube. Gently disconnect the urinary catheter tube with a twisting motion.
- Remove the protective coating from the tip of the leg bag drainage tube. Gently clean the tip with an alcohol pad, wiping away from the opening to avoid soiling the tube.
- Insert the tip in the catheter tube.
- Fasten the straps of the bag to your thigh and secure the catheter to your leg using tape. Leave some slack in the catheter to avoid excess pressure.
Regular Price: $3.55
Special Price $2.90
Regular Price: $2.55
Special Price $1.99
Regular Price: $6.48
Special Price $4.40
Regular Price: $2.99
Special Price $2.00
Regular Price: $14.20
Special Price $11.35
Regular Price: $4.03
Special Price $3.22
Regular Price: $7.12
Special Price $5.70
Regular Price: $4.05
Special Price $3.23
Regular Price: $2.60
Special Price $2.08